Chakras are our energy centers, connecting our physical bodies to the astral body. In simple terms, they draw in energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body in balance. There are hundreds of energy centers, but 7 vital ones that we will be discussing in this series.
Our Third Eye Chakra is considered 6th and located on our forehead right between the brows. It is associated with the color indigo, more on the deep, dark blue side. It's properties are:
- Physical: Pineal Gland (responsible for sleep and wake cycles, and awareness), sleep, head, brain, sinus, vision, eyes
- Emotional/Spiritual/Mental: Trusting your inner voice and decisions, learning new things, memory, knowledge, reflection, intuition, focus, clarity, sharp thinking, being able to access the inner guidance that comes from deep within your being, a sort of clairvoyance and psychic ability, seeing auras, open-mindedness (no judgement).
To open and heal your third eye chakra, here are some tips:
- Decalcify your pineal gland by: Use fluoride filters to minimize fluoride intake from public water, use fluoride free toothpaste (charcoal based or Toms!), avoid calcium supplements as they mostly contain synthetic calcium (if you MUST then try the Megafood brand), avoid bottles and instant teas, replace all plastic in your life (i.e. for food storage or water) with stainless steel, ceramic, glass, or cast iron for cookware also, avoid processed foods and eat whole, clean foods.
- Eat clean! Real foods. This will tie into your intuition. When it strengthens, you will know what is good for your body and should listen to that with every meal you eat.
- Meditate. Obviously, meditation helps with all chakras, but it is a must for balancing the Third Eye. Since this chakra is all about inner knowing, sitting with yourself in silence and exploring your inner world without judgement helps greatly. Visualization techniques are especially helpful for this chakra. Visualize your best self, living your most abundant, happy life. Learn to watch your thoughts, not get lost in them. Also, visualize a beam of indigo light shining into your third eye from up above, and filling up your whole being.
- Exercise, yoga-especially yoga that does upper body stretches.
- Sleep earlier, wake up earlier.
- Thought Process: work on healing yourself so that you are less critical and judgmental of others and life. Whatever we insult or dislike in others, is a mere reflection of something we dislike within ourselves. Train your mind to shift every time you become cynical or negative to go back to a place of Faith-knowing that no matter what is going on, it is for your overall best interest. Get in touch with your vibration and intuition. Without judgement, trust yourself and just distance yourself from those places, people and situations that don't sit right with your energy.
- Affirmations : "I trust my intuition. I know what I hold within me. God is always with me and I am always with God. The whole Universe lies within me. I am still. I am aware. I am mindful. I move with intention. I move with purpose. I am calm. I am conscious. I am intelligent. I take care of myself. I am healthy. I am mentally healthy. I trust I am always guided. I am balanced"
- Aromatherapy: Strong, musky essential oils help invigorate and activate the Third Eye Chakra. Our "Trust Your Intuition-Third Eye Chakra Candle" is made with a blend of Juniper, Vetiver and Rosemary. Check it out here : https://www.aromapoetry.com/product/third-eye-candle
- To avoid an overactive Third Eye, be mindful of overthinking, excessive daydreaming ,getting lost in imagination, becoming delusional, etc. This is all what leads to anxiety and losing touch with reality. Work on being present.
"Those who know
what they hold
know it all..."