Chakras are our energy centers, connecting our physical bodies to the astral body. In simple terms, they draw in energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body in balance. There are hundreds of energy centers, but 7 vital ones that we will be discussing in this series.
Our Solar Plexus Chakra is considered third, and located above the naval and below the chest. It is associated with the color yellow. It's properties are:
- Physical: Abdomen, stomach, gall bladder, liver, skin, muscles and face.
- Mental/Emotional/Spiritual: Our willpower, self-esteem, confidence, intellect, decision making, clarity, personal identity, discipline and responsibility.
To help open and heal your Solar Plexus Chakra, here are some tips:
- Focus on your gut health. Diet is key. This does not mean stress yourself out over following a particular diet, but rather learn your body and what works for it or not through your own research, holistic nutritionists or Ayurvedic medicine. If it upsets your stomach, causes skin breakouts or isn't fueling your muscles, then it's time to cut it out. Become intentional with what you put in your body.
- Meditation-especially breath work. The practice of mindfully breathing deep into your diaphragm and out is highly beneficial for the energy in this chakra.
- Focus on what makes you feel your best. Do what you love and what you feel you are good at daily. This means getting in touch with your hobbies and passions. Be around those who support you and make you feel loved and lifted. Stay curious and learn as much as you can. Learn to be self-disciplined by keeping your home and car clean and following a routine. Get a planner and use it! Exercise is huge! Stop living for others and society. Be clear with yourself on what you want.
- Affirmations: "I am confident. I am powerful. I am decisive. I know what I want. I know who I am. I am self-aware. I am mindful. I am disciplined. I am clear. I am organized. I am healthy. I fuel by body in a healthy way. I am LIGHT."
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils blends that mix earthy and citrusy are best. Our "Know Your Power" solar plexus candle mixes lemon, cedar and ginger for an uplifting aroma. Check it out here: https://www.aromapoetry.com/product/solar-plexus-candle
- To avoid an overactive solar plexus, avoid ego, gluttony, arrogance and narcissism. .
"There is fire burning
beneath your ribs,
do you still not know
that you breathe out