Chakras are our energy centers, connecting our physical bodies to the astral body. In simple terms, they draw in energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body in balance. There are hundreds of energy centers, but 7 vital ones that we will be discussing in this series.
Our Sacral Chakra is considered second, and located below the naval. It is associated with the color Orange and all things to do with creation, emotion and pleasure. It's properties are:
- Physical: Fertility and sexual organs (ie ovaries), bladder and lower intestine
- Mental/Emotional/Spiritual: Creativity in all aspects (artistic and creation of another life), connection to others, emotional health and pleasure/desire.
To help open and heal your Sacral Chakra, here are some tips:
- Get in touch with your hobbies or find some. Spend at least half an hour a day doing it. Create art, music, poetry. Cook. Dance. Paint. Design, Decorate. Take up gardening or photography. Anything that involves the creative juices and excites you, and not just escapism (ie reading or watching tv).
- Work on healing your trust issues and walls when it comes to other people. Let go of grudges. Be more vulnerable and genuine so that true connections are made with others.
- Allow yourself to feel your emotions without judgement or resistance. Appreciate them, as they are what drive us to create and evolve.
- Free yourself of guilt around sex or any pleasure/desire. Learn to communicate your needs and accept and own that you are a sexual being.
- Affirmations: "I am free. I am creative. I create. I am connected. I connect easily with others. I am a creative being. I am whole. I am a sexual being. I am sexy. I am in touch with my emotions. I am emotionally healthy. I am balanced. I am art."
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils with some spice and citrus help invigorate the senses to induce creativity and sensuality. The blend of orange and sandalwood is especially helpful. Our Sacral Chakra Candle is a good choice-check it out here: https://www.aromapoetry.com/product/sacral-candle
- To avoid an overactive Sacral, do not indulge in excessive sexual acts or gratification. The purest way to balance your sacral chakra is to to share your pleasure with who love you and you are truly connected to. Also, avoid oversharing and forcing connections with others. Also, be aware if you are overly emotional and have no sense of logic-there should be a healthy balance between the two. Lastly, do not get so lost in hobbies and art that you avoid all other matters.
"The biggest lie you
can live is to
numb yourself from
yet still say you are