Chakras are our energy centers, connecting our physical bodies to the astral body. In simple terms, they draw in energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body in balance. There are hundreds of energy centers, but 7 vital ones that we will be discussing in this series.
Our Root Chakra is considered first, and located at the base of the spine. It is associated with the color red and with the elements of the Earth. It's properties and associations are:
- Physical: Back/legs/feet, bone health
- Mental/Emotional/Spiritual: Stability, trust, financial security
To help open and heal your Root chakra, here are some tips:
- Spend time in nature (i.e. hiking, walks, yoga outdoors, the beach, anything that helps you get grounded)
- Meditation focused on grounding and reconnecting with Mother Earth
- Yoga focused on back and leg stretches and movements
- Mentally-shift your thoughts to always focus on being grateful for what you do have rather than focusing on what you think you don't have, be thankful for all the ways you are supported, and see that there is an abundance of resources and opportunities
- Affirmations: "I am rooted. I am grounded. I am taken care of. I am secure. I am stable. I am abundant. I am financially abundant. My life is full of opportunity. I am resourceful. I trust that I will always have all I want and need."
- Aromatherapy: Earthy essential oils are the best for helping open and balance the Root Chakra-ie patchouli, black pepper, cedar, ginger, etc. Our Root Chakra candle has a blend of all of the EOs and is perfect to light during your meditation or yoga practice or in your work or home space. Check it out on our site: https://www.aromapoetry.com/product/root-candle
- To avoid overactivity. do not indulge in material items or lose yourself if there is an overflow of financial abundance coming in for you. Do not get so caught up in the worldly matters that you forget there is more beyond. Always stay grounded and humble by doing the soul and energy work to remain mindful and rooted.undefined
"You have stemmed from
the roots of the Earth
and She will never let you fall"